Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Filling in the gaps - Day 0

slowly but surely I plan to fill in the gaps of those glorious five months last year. Marianne kindly pointed out to me that in yesterday's post I wrote a total of two sentences on the last two weeks in Paris while rambling on about other stuff :) Sorry... I guess that's how my mind works.


I'll be filling in the gaps little by little so stay tuned!


I'm calling today Day 0 since for some reason that's the way I have the pics organized on my external. 


The first thing we did after J & M got settled in my apt was go out to grab a bite to eat and just take in the city and the beautiful weather. We weaved through streets in the Marais until we arrived at l'As du fallafel-- best falafel in Paris and best falafel I've had ever. 



our little 3some on the girls' first real venture of the two weeks out into the city. we're still on my street here-- you can see Chez Janou on the left with the green awning.

Instead of paying extra to eat in, we decided to take our falafel pitas to go and eat on the steps of a church around the corner.
Here we are stuffing our faces... pretty good first meal in france.

We spent a few hours in the rest of the evening just walking-- possibly my favorite activity to do in Paris. There's so much to see and while I <3 the metro so much, it was June-- the weather was beautiful, the sun was about to set and you obviously can't enjoy these things as much when you're underground. We walked down toward the Louvre and Pont Neuf... 

laughed at a silly re-titling of the Hangover for France

enjoyed good company, good walks, beautiful views

acted shamelessly like tourists

and sipped beer on the walk home. We're going for a full cultural integration, right?

All in all, a joyous day that is making me miss my friends and last June while reliving it now.

Finally, a tribute to one of the best meals in Paris--

it's too bad the food is already demolished at this point. I will be looking for a better pic of the falafel to showcase. It will make your mouth water.

2 comments:

  1. Aw! I love it. I wish I had made it out to Paris to visit. Next time when you are there, most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh im so jealous.. i want to go there!


    followed =D
    come visit
    http://fashionisfueledbyobsession.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete