Monday, May 25, 2009

More Random Musings

I've given up on trying to update this thing diary-style and in chronological order of events. Get ready for a very short and disjointed post to match my very short attention span and disjointed thoughts right now.

I took this picture on the walk from Gare d'Austerlitz to the Grand Mosque de Paris where I had dinner with a bunch of other BC kids. I had the "tagine agneau" or lamb stew served in a "tagine" clay pot. soooooooo yummyyyyyy. There were a bunch of these signs posted on fences and walls that said things like this. "I could never forget you." "I love you." I wonder what the story is behind it...

I'm currently working on a paper about the ideology of the model minority. I think I'm going to argue that it requires assimiliation by the minority into the larger national culture which could lead to the disintegration of the minority ethnic culture and the formation of a monoculture... Sound good???

Also, I pledge to always do my dishes after I cook at home from now on.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I wrote a paper on the emasculation of Asian males in cinema (based mostly on analysis of the Joy Luck Club movie). It ended up having a LOT to do with "model minority" ideas. Send me your paper when you're done! I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete